Though Hull Fittings
This section describes through hull fittings, pumps and plumbing
Below the water line
- Starboard aft cockpit drain. This does not have a lever or tap!
- Starboard forward cockpit drain. Lever.
- Port aft cockpit drain. This does not have a lever or tap!
- Port forward cockpit drain. Lever
- Sea Cock for engine cooling. Tap type. Turns very freely. Has a cylindrical gauze filter which is not in great condition.
- Echo depth sounder
- Blakes toilet flush intake
- Blakes toilet / blakes bilge pump outlet. This is a Blakes sea cock. It is situated in a difficult place to turn. It is very stiff to turn. The adapted lever Dom made does not provide much leverage. Needs servicing....
Above the water line
- Stern light wire
- Engine water and exhaust. Has a valve on it presumably to blank off in a heavy sea but is very difficult to reach even when no waves at all.
- Bilge pump accessible from cockpit. Works well
- Bilge / sink pump accessible from galley. Decommisioned. Replacement needed
- Blakes bilge pump in heads. I have never tested this. It is part of the toilet system. I can not open the associated sea cock now.
- Electric pump to pump water from starboard forward water tank to heads. Dominic demonstrated it working but I have not used it. Pipe work now partially removed